It’s common for people to have fears about what addiction treatment will be like. Yet most of our clients are surprised about how warm and welcoming it is. Listen to Dave speak about the misconceptions he had before arriving in our London Dayhab and how that changed after he started.
Are you Fearful of Addiction Treatment?
Let us put your mind at rest about what addiction treatment is like
- Firstly, we offer a free and confidential addiction assessment. Please call 0208 191 9191 or contact us here to book your assessment. This is a meeting of approximately one hour (or as long as you need). The assessment takes place in our central London addiction treatment centre, our west London centre or online. This is a chance to talk openly about your addiction with an admissions advisor at Help Me Stop, someone who understands addiction because they have been there themselves. The assessment helps us get to know you and your needs. It’s also a chance for you to ask us questions. There is no obligation to join our addiction treatment programme following your assessment. We don’t pressurise you to make your mind up. The choice is yours and we can refer you elsewhere, if you decide we’re not the right place for you.
- People are often fearful about the cost of addiction treatment. That’s one of the reasons Help Me Stop was set up: to provide intensive, high quality, addiction treatment at a fraction of the cost of residential rehab. Our programmes are between one-fifth and one-tenth of the cost of in-patient services, with no compromise on treatment. We include everything you’d expect from an addiction rehab, just without the significant costs of accommodation, 24-hour staffing and meals. We provide:
- Intensive psychotherapy with specialist addiction psychotherapists
- Group and one-to-one counselling
- Individual treatment plans and assignments
- Interactive workshops, mindfulness and behaviour change
- Recovery focused community
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Introduction to peer led services and approaches such as AA, NA, CA, MA and SMART
- Three months of free aftercare
- Family programme (optional)
- If you choose to join our face-to-face addiction treatment programme or our Online Rehab, when you arrive with us on your first day, we will welcome you and guide you through everything you need to know. Many of our clients say that they found the process of joining the programme much easier than expected. Within a day or two, most feel very integrated and settled.
- Addiction treatment at Help Me Stop is non-judgmental. Most of our staff team have experienced addiction themselves are are now in long term addiction recovery. We know what it’s like because we’ve been there. We believe that addiction is an illness that requires treatment, not a moral failing or a sign of weakness.
- Your peer group are also in the same situation as you. Group therapy and group workshops are a key part of our programme because peer support and connection improves addiction treatment outcomes.
- Everything you experience and talk about in our addiction treatment programme is confidential. We do not share your information with anyone else, without your express written permission to do so. The only caveat is if there is a serious risk of harm to you or another person – only in these extreme circumstances might we call on other professionals to help you. And even then, we would limit the information shared to that which is absolutely necessary for health and safety.
- Addiction treatment at Help Me Stop is designed to be discreet, with programmes to fit with your life. Some people also fear that coming into addiction treatment will mean that family, friends or work colleagues will find out about their addiction. Again, Help Me Stop was set up to offer flexible and accessible programmes, to suit working people, parents and carers, and all those people who can’t step out of their life for weeks or months at a time. You’ll live at home throughout your programme in our London Dayhabs, meaning there’s much less disruption to your life than staying away from home. Our Online Rehab operates morning and evening streams offer the most flexible programme, which can fit with most of all of your other life responsibilities.
Call 0208 191 9191 or contact us to talk about addiction treatment for you, a loved one, a client or colleague.