Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before using this site and our social media pages.
What's in these terms?
These terms tell you the rules for using our website helpmestop.org.uk (our site) and our social media pages.
Who we are and how to contact us.
helpmestop.org.uk is a site operated by Help Me Stop Ltd (“We”). Our company registration number is 11289229 and our registered office is at 4, Percy St, London, W1T 1DF, and a trading address at 190-201 High Street, Acton W3 9DE. Our VAT number is 320 2860 41
We are a limited company.
To contact us, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using our site and our social media pages you accept these terms.
If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our site or our social media pages.
We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you.
We may make changes to these terms.
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site or social media pages, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
We may make changes to our site.
We may update and change our site from time to time to reflect changes to our business priorities.
We may suspend or withdraw our site and social media pages.
Our site and social media pages is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, our social media pages, or any content on them, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site and/or our social media pages for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
How you may use material on our site.
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Do not rely on information on this site.
The content on our site is provided for general information only. It is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You must obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from, any action on the basis of the content on our site.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site is accurate, complete or up to date.
We are not responsible for websites we link to.
Where our site contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
Whether you are a consumer or a business user:
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors and for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- Different limitations and exclusions of liability will apply to liability arising as a result of the supply of any services to you, which will be set out in our terms and conditions of service.
If you are a business user:
- We exclude all implied conditions, warranties, representations or other terms that may apply to our site or any content on it.
- We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with:
- use of, or inability to use, our site; or
- use of or reliance on any content displayed on our site.
- In particular, we will not be liable for:
- loss of profits, sales, business, or revenue;
- business interruption;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business opportunity, goodwill or reputation; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage.
If you are a consumer user:
- Please note that we only provide our site for domestic and private use. You agree not to use our site for any commercial or business purposes, and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied, damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation.
Uploading content to our social media pages.
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to upload content to our social media pages, or to make contact with other users via our social media pages, you must comply with the content standards set out below.
You warrant that any such contribution does comply with those standards, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we suffer as a result of your breach of warranty.
These content standards apply to any and all material which you contribute to our social media pages (contributions), and to any interactive services associated with them.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and Termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this acceptable use policy through your use of our site and social media pages. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to comply with this acceptable use policy constitutes a material breach and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site and/or our social media pages.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site and/or our social media pages.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Changes to the acceptable use policy.
We may revise this acceptable use policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions contained in this acceptable use policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on our site.
Any content you upload to our social media pages will be considered non-confidential and non proprietary. You retain all of your ownership rights in your content, but you are required to grant us and other users of our social media pages a limited licence to use, store and copy that content and to distribute and make it available to third parties.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any content posted or uploaded by you to our site constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We have the right to remove any posting you make on our social media pages if, in our opinion, your post does not comply with the above content standards.
You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your content.
Rights you are giving us to use material you upload.
When you upload or post content to our social media pages, you grant us the following rights to use that content:
- a non-exclusive royalty free irrevocable license to use any content you have uploaded for any purpose in any part of the world.
- a non-exclusive royalty free irrevocable license to other users of the social media pages to use any content you have uploaded for any purpose in any part of the world.
We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them.
We do not guarantee that our site and/or our social media pages will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site and/or our social media pages. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our site and/or social media pages by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site, the server on which our site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site and our social media pages will cease immediately.
Rules about linking to our site.
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
Our site must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of our site other than the home page.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact email@example.com.
Which country's laws apply to any disputes?